2020 Summer Activities Plan
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Begins June 1st, Details will be published when we learn more from Wyandotte County Unified Government
- All students who plan to participate in athletics in the 2020 year will be issued an iPad and resistance band (Student may use their own device if desired)
DEVICE PICKUP WILL BE ON FRIDAY May 29, from 4pm-7pm & SATURDAY May 30, from 8am-Noon at the THS Bus Loop (South/Pool Entrance)
- Student-Athletes are expected to complete all workouts throughout the summer (5 per week)
- We are hopeful that a plan for summer weights to be integrated into the high school will occur when Wyandotte County enters the “Yellow Phase”
- Shifts will be determined when more information is given
- Spring Sports Camp Week (Details will be sent by your coach) – July 6 – July 10, 2020
- Winter Sports Camp Week (Details will be sent by your coach) – July 13 – July 17, 2020
- Band Camp (Details will be sent by Mr. Lewis) – July 20 through July 31, 2020
- Cheer, Dance, and LINK Crew camps (Details will be sent by your coach or sponsor) – August 3 – August 7, 2020
- Fall Sports Camp Week (Details will be sent by your coach) – August 10 – August 14, 2020
- Training Services
- We are working in conjunction with Children’s Mercy to provide time slots for student-athletes to have access to training services
- Our workouts will be safe to complete, and you should be able to complete each workout without issue. However, we understand that accidents can happen; therefore, when working out, please notify a family member or coach that you are beginning to work out and where you are working out, so if there is an emergency, assistance can get to you.
Summer Strength Program Goals
- Keep our athletes safe and healthy!
- Familiarize athletes to performance training
- Develop a base level of fitness
- Increase strength, speed, and agility
- Improve mental toughness
- Improve flexibility and mobility
WORK LIKE A CHAMPION EVERY DAY!