2020 Summer Activities Plan
- Summer Strength and Conditioning Begins on June 1.
- We hope that student-athletes will choose to participate in the in-person conditioning option. However, any student-athlete not comfortable with this choice may condition virtually, there will be no consequences depending on the option chosen.
- All students who plan to participate in athletics in the 2020 year will be issued an iPad and resistance band (Student may use their own device if desired, but you will need to download Microsoft Teams and Hudl)
DEVICE PICKUP WILL BE ON FRIDAY May 29, from 4pm-7pm & SATURDAY May 30, from 8am-Noon at the THS Bus Loop (South/Pool Entrance)
- Student-Athletes are expected to complete all workouts throughout the summer (5 per week either in person or virtual)
- Monday through Friday: 8am-9:30am; 10am-11:30am; 5pm-6:30pm
- Students will be assigned groups at IPad distribution on May 29 & May 30 (see above)
- Groups will include no more than 10 student-athletes and you must remain at least 6 feet apart while at workouts
- Masks are required while indoors
- You must bring your own water bottle and DO NOT SHARE
- Friday will be a makeup and sport specific day
- Spring Sports Camp Week (Details will be sent by your coach) – July 6 – July 10, 2020
- Winter Sports Camp Week (Details will be sent by your coach) – July 13 – July 17, 2020
- Band Camp (Details will be sent by Mr. Lewis) – July 20 through July 31, 2020
- Cheer, Dance, and LINK Crew camps (Details will be sent by your coach or sponsor) – August 3 – August 7, 2020
- Fall Sports Camp Week (Details will be sent by your coach) – August 10 – August 14, 2020
- Training Services
- We are working in conjunction with Children’s Mercy to provide access to training services
- Our workouts will be safe to complete, and you should be able to complete each workout without issue. However, we understand that accidents can happen; therefore, when working out, please notify a family member or coach that you are beginning to work out and where you are working out, so if there is an emergency, assistance can get to you.
Summer Strength Program Goals
- Keep our athletes safe and healthy! If you are not feeling well, communicate with your coach, stay home and workout online
- Familiarize athletes to performance training
- Develop a base level of fitness
- Increase strength, speed, and agility
- Improve mental toughness
- Improve flexibility and mobility
4 workouts will be posted online Monday morning (in case you have to miss a day)
- All 4 workouts should be done in order and can be done at any time, on any day that week.
- Instructional videos will be sent out, to demonstrate and explain movements.
- Athletes will be divided up into teams. Coaches will monitor their team’s participation. Athletes will train with the team whose season is nearest.
- Sport specific workouts will be created for each sport
- Computer/Tablet to receive workouts, emails etc. (to be provided)
- Resistance band (to be provided)
- Backpack/duffel bag w/ handles (or weight vest)
- 2 canned food goods (or light dumbbells)
- Download the app called “Interval timer” for timed portions of the workout